Breast Buddies Angus
Breast Buddies volunteers are mothers that have breastfed their own babies and have also received breastfeeding training.
“Peer support is one of the recognised ways of increasing duration, success and satisfaction with breastfeeding” (Kaunonan et al, 2012).
Breast Buddies Angus is part of Voluntary Action Angus and one of our main aims is to increase breastfeeding rates in Angus by providing timely, evidence based and empathetic support to breastfeeding families. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, contact us via our contact form below. Alternatively you can email email@example.com, call 07857 618 032 or via our Facebook page
If you are looking for support on your feeding journey, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and one of our trained volunteers can offer you one to one support, via text or phone call. You can also reach our coordinator on 07857 618 032.
We are also running regular support groups across Angus, open to parents with bumps/babies of any age. They are free, drop in, very informal sociable groups, no need to have breastfeeding challenges to come along, you are welcome to come and chat to other mums over a cuppy.
- Arbroath – 9.30am – 11am, Arbroath Maternity Unit, Rosemount Road, DD11 2AT
- Montrose – 10am – 11.20am, Montrose Playhouse, DD10 8NN
- Carnoustie – 10am – 11.30am, Carnoustie Baptist Church, 103 High Street, DD7 7EA
- Monifieth – 12.30pm – 2pm, Monifieth Parish Church, High St, DD5 4AA
- Brechin – 12pm – 1.30pm, The Crickety, DD9 7BJ
- Forfar – 10.45am – 12.15pm, 5-7 The Cross, West High Street, DD8 1BX
Meet your Breast Buddies Coordinator