What are the Saltire Awards?
The Saltire Awards are the Scottish Government’s way of celebrating, recognising and rewarding the commitment, contribution and achievements of young volunteers in Scotland, aged between 12 and 25.
Young people gain nationally recognised certificates, signed by Scottish Government Ministers, for the different amounts of volunteering they do.
Get certificates (signed by Scottish Government Ministers!)
- The Challenge: for those getting started in volunteering through team challenges
- The Approach: for when you’ve reached 10 and 25 hours of volunteering
- The Ascent: for when you’ve reached 50, 100, 200 or even 500 hours of volunteering
- The Summit: for those that have made an outstanding contribution to volunteering
Why you might want to volunteer?
- Gain new skills and experience that will look great on your CV and could help you at school and/or work
- Meet new people and make new friends and connections
- Make a difference to individual people, communities and the environment
- Have fun! You will have the chance to get involved in variety of activities that might not have done before