Real Life Options (Angus)
Real Life Options currently have an opportunity to get involved as a Community Volunteer. This is a great way to meet new people, develop insights, gain experience and enjoy knowing that you are making a positive difference to people living within your community.
Volunteer roles are varied and dependent on the needs of the people we support. We try to match volunteers to people with similar interests and provide opportunities for volunteers to utilise existing skills and knowledge.
- Chatting to and befriending people we support
- Home checks to make sure vulnerable people are safe and well
- Everyday practical household tasks
- Provide information and support to allow people to make informed choices about their lives
- Assist with shopping
- Support with correspondence
- Provide transport
- Support with social outings
- Assisting with pet care
- Assist with food preparation
- Prescription collections
- Support with Gardening and some physical tasks.
- Get involved with Social Events and being vital in improving the social lives of the people we support
We really appreciate that volunteers donate their time for free so in return for at least two hours volunteering each week, we’ll provide full training and development with a support network to mentor you in your role. You’ll be one of the team and have access to our Real Rewards programme.
- Good time management, communication skills, knowledge of confidentiality requirements & willingness to uphold our values
- Ability to provide feedback and information to a co-ordinator
- An interest in making a positive difference and helping people we support live the lives they want
- A good conversationalist who is non judgemental, respectful and professional to the people we support
- Ability to travel around the area to visit people