Guide Dogs for the Blind
Our ambition is a future where every person with sight loss has the confidence and support they need to live their lives to the full. To help achieve this objective we are looking for Equipment Volunteers to coordinate and care for our fundraising equipment, such as gazebos and tables, along with our Fundraising Groups who attend local events to raise vital funds to support our services.
What does the role involve?
- Dealing with booking requests from Guide Dog fundraising groups, other volunteers and staff
- Managing and recording bookings of equipment
- Ensuring equipment is available for booking dates
- Ensuring equipment is complete, clean and safe to use
- Handling of equipment, movement to storage areas
- Liaising with volunteers and staff
1-2 hours per week (more over the summer)
Due to some of the additional needs dogs in respite care may have, it is preferable for families not to have young children below the age of 12 or pet dogs.