Food Train Connects (Angus)
It’s rewarding and it makes a huge difference to people’s lives. It’s amazing the impact that a regular call can have on someone who is isolated or lonely. If you want to make sure that an older person is able to live well in their own home this is a great opportunity to do so.
- Contact the older person you are matched with on a regular basis, usually weekly or
fortnightly for a friendly chat.
- Submit brief records and to report any matters of concern to staff
- Keep within the boundaries of the role
- To inform Food Train Connects Staff of any accidents, incidents or complaints
- To maintain confidentiality
- To represent Food Train in a professional manner to our members and the wider community
- An interest in people and their lives is essential
- Friendly, sociable and patient with a caring manner
- Ability to make a telephone call on a regular basis
- Good verbal communication skills are required with a sense of humour who can adapt your conversation to different types of people
- Maintain consistent communication with Food Train Connects staff throughout