Macmillan Information & Support Service Volunteer
Can you spare a few hours per month? Would you like to support people in your community who have been affected by cancer?
ANGUSalive are working in partnership with Macmillan to develop information and support services for anyone affected by cancer in Angus based in Arbroath, Brechin, Carnoustie, Forfar, Kirriemuir, Monifieth and/or Montrose libraries.
- Options for Volunteer Involvement-
- Advertising and Signposting our service locally
- Stock checking booklets and ordering regularly
- Face-to-Face support for people in Angus, giving written information and signposting to other support services
What will you get out of it?
- Training in listening and supporting others (Macmillan/Queen Margaret University accredited training course)
- Opportunity to support people in your community
- Opportunity to attend certain training courses run by Angus Council, NHS Tayside and Macmillan Cancer Support
- Other wider Macmillan volunteering roles if interested
How much time should I give?
This is flexible from a couple of hours a week to a couple of hours a month as suits the individual.
Interested? For further information, contact us direct on MacmillanInfoSupport@angusalive.scot or 01307 492465
This is to be primarily a paired volunteer opportunity therefore there is scope for younger/less experienced volunteers to be supported by their paired volunteer.