North East Sensory Services
Group Volunteer Volunteering Opportunity
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for friendly and reliable people who enjoy the company of others. Induction training will be provided and so no previous experience of groups or of sight/hearing loss is required. A PVG check will be required for this role and we would be looking for a minimum of 6 months commitment.
- To support the group to achieve what they wish to do
- To assist group members with refreshments
- To assist group to plan and organise activities/speakers
- To assist group members to find seats and negotiate the room
- To interact with group members and develop positive relationships
- To encourage the group to interact with one another
- To assist with money handling as required
We are hoping that we can also secure volunteer/s who drive and can assist with transport to the group for a limited number of group members. But not driving would not exclude you from being suitable for the role.
Training & Support
- Induction training will be provided by Cilmi Eldho. North East Sensory Service’s (NESS) Volunteer Coordinator in Angus.
- Sensory Awareness Training will be provided by Libby Hillhouse, the Training and Information Officer
- Support in the voluntary role will also be provided by Cilmi Eldho.
- Out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed through NESS.
Contact for Application form:
- Cilmi Eldho
- NESS Volunteer Coordinator (Angus)
- 07720 811896