Empowering Communities to Care
Our locality workers operate within every town, village and community in Angus.
VAA are tackling the public health challenges of poverty and inequalities which have significant impact on well being, people and communities. Our team support organisations, community groups and individuals to develop activities & events which may address these issues.
What we do
- Recruit volunteers
- Identify opportunities to support your organisations
- Market your opportunities
- Supporting young people to volunteer
- Supporting group administrators with managing their own volunteers and certificates
- Approving 100+ hour certificates
- Developing social enterprises ideas
- Access to resources and funding?
- Work with other partners and national agencies on becoming a social enterprise
- Working closely with social prescribers in each locality to provide local support.
- Good practice in working with volunteers
- Training for volunteer managers
- Volunteer Friendly Awards
- Volunteer Managers Forum
- Sharing information, resources and experience with others
Third Sector Organisation Support
- Organisation set up
- Constitutions/articles of association
- Board/committee development
- Support on how to get a PVG done
- Support on who needs a PVG check
- Promote organisation on the Locality Locator (function on the VAA website)