Guide Dogs for the Blind
Our ambition is a future where every person with sight loss has the confidence and support they need to live their lives to the full. To help achieve this objective we are looking for Equipment Volunteers to coordinate and care for our fundraising equipment, such as gazebos and tables, along with our Fundraising Groups who attend local events to raise vital funds to support our services.
What does the role involve?
- Dealing with booking requests from Guide Dog fundraising groups, other volunteers and staff
- Managing and recording bookings of equipment
- Ensuring equipment is available for booking dates
- Ensuring equipment is complete, clean and safe to use
- Handling of equipment, movement to storage areas
- Liaising with volunteers and staff
Organisation aims and objectives
To provide guide dogs and other rehabilitation services that meets the needs of the blind and partially sighted people. Guide dogs want a world in which all people who are blind and partially sighted to enjoy the same rights, opportunities and responsibilities as everyone else
Availability: any days and times.
Frequency and commitment details
1-2 hours per week (more over the summer)
- Due to some of the additional needs dogs in respite care may have, it is preferable for families not to have young children below the age of 12 or pet dogs.
- Experience required: • All boarders will be required to attend training sessions. Those handling younger and larger/more active dogs need more training. • Enjoy working with dogs and have suitable accommodation. • Perseverance to help support the training of the dogs. • Good communication skills.
- Travel details: Equipment Coordinator volunteers hours will be ad-hoc and busier in the summer months. This role will require manual handling and frequent travel to and from the centre so may suit someone local to the area. Any expenses relating to volunteering will be reimbursed in line with our policy.
- Minimum age: 18
- Expenses paid: Yes
- Expenses details: Pre-agreed, as per organisational expenses policy.
- Training details: • Regular and ongoing support and training from your supervisor. • Basic induction to Guide Dogs and to the role. • Payment of out of pocket expenses in accordance with the Guide Dogs volunteer expenses policy.