Deaf Links Angus
Volunteer Citizen Advocate
Deaf Links Are looking for committed and passionate volunteers who wish to make a Difference to another person, living in their community with a Sensory Loss. There is no specific qualification’s necessary, Life experience and a desire to making a difference in the lives of people living with sensory loss is all that is required.
As a Citizen advocate you will:
- Support people to understand there rights, make informed choices and gain independence
- Help people to develop new interests and build confidence
- Gain valuable experience of working with adults with sensory loss
- Break down social barriers and promote social inclusion
- Develop long term friendships with people at risk of becoming socially isolated
If you would like more information please contact Lucyanna McLaughlin by phone or text on 07721866937 or email email@example.com
Organisation aims and objectives
Deaf Links provides a wide range of services, activities and learning opportunities for Deaf, hard of hearing and sensory impaired people. Services include: Provide British Sign Language (BSL) Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3 Deaf and deafblind Awareness Training to service providers, organisations and communities Lipreading Classes Volunteering Employability opportunities for deaf and sensory impaired people and volunteers Sensory Social Group Relaxation Classes Health Information Sessions Keep Safe Place 3rd Party Reporting Site for Police Scotland – report with support IT Support Drop-In – bring your laptop, tablet or phone if you need help Counselling service
Availability: all days and times.
Frequency and commitment details
Weekly and 2 weekly volunteer positions available and after initial training attending training as required.
- We will vet all potential volunteers through the PVG scheme at no cost to you, so the ability to work with vulnerable adults is essential, this will be a lone working voluntary position and as such is only open to persons 18 +
- Experience required: There is no specific qualification necessary, Life experience and a desire to making a difference in the lives of people living with sensory loss is all that is required.
- Travel details: As a volunteer advocate you will be working in you local community volunteer travel expenses will be reimbursed month on provision of receipts / tickets
- Minimum age: 18
- Expenses paid: Yes
- Expenses details: volunteer travel expenses will be reimbursed month on provision of receipts / tickets and a coomplete volunteer expense form
- Training details: Induction training is available online at your own pace in a time suitable for you.