Voluntary Action Angus
GP surgeries and health settings require volunteers to help at their very busy vaccination clinics. These volunteers support staff at the vaccination hubs. They carry out a range of duties to support this including sanitising, face coverings.
- Help meet and greet people coming for their vaccination and be the ‘friendly face’ of the vaccination process to help keep people calm in a potentially tense and anxiety inducing environment.
- Be prepared to work in well-ventilated venue (in other words, come dressed in warm clothes!)
- Provide directions to patients accessing the centre once they have been clerked in by administrative staff
- Encourage physical distancing for those who are visiting the vaccination centre, directing them to use the hand sanitizer and give out surgical masks as appropriate.
- Observation of the post vaccine waiting area and alerting a senior member of staff if people are unwell post vaccination
- Be honest and let us know as soon as possible if you develop any Covid-19 symptoms
Availability: any day, any time.
- To minimise the risk of contracting serious COVID 19, volunteer over 70 and those at higher risk for COVID-19 are discouraged from applying. Full PPE – socially distancing to be adhered.
- Experience required: People skills, friendly demeanour, ability to keep calm in tense situations
- Travel details: This volunteering takes place across ANGUS. There are a number of mass vaccination hubs and satellite hubs throughout Angus.
- Minimum age: 16
- Expenses paid: Yes
- Expenses details: Travel expenses can be claimed on a monthly basis
- Support: Named Contact For Volunteer, Wheelchair Access/Disabled Access Toilet