Social Security Scotland
Adult Disability Payment Stakeholder Information Events
Following a successful pilot, Adult Disability Payment will launch nationally on 29 August 2022 when Social Security Scotland will begin processing new applications from clients living in all remaining local authorities in Scotland not included in the phased pilot roll out.
To ensure our stakeholders are ready to support clients and prepare their staff for this change we are hosting a new series of free online information events.
So far, over 1600 stakeholders have signed up to attend and we have received positive feedback. Ainslie Aitken, Welfare Rights Officer representing Money Matters Team for North Ayrshire Council said “I am now looking forward to assisting clients to claim the new Adult Disability Payment when it is launched in my area”
If you have any comments or questions about any of our events, please contact us at NationalEngagementandPartnershipTeam@socialsecurity.gov.scot
We will be hosting events which focus on the following aspects of Adult Disability Payment:
- General Policy
- Supporting information and decision making for both Public and Third Sector stakeholders
- The application process
- Special Rules for Terminal Illness
- Debt, Overpayment and Benefit Suspension Policy
Following the high level of demand for spaces at our stakeholder events exploring the case transfer process for clients currently in receipt of Disability Living Allowance who are due to have their award transferred over to Adult Disability Payment we have scheduled an additional event for stakeholders to attend on 19 July 2022.
This event will specifically relate to the transfer process from Disability Living Allowance to Adult Disability Payment for people who were born after 8 April 1948 and who;
- Report a change of circumstance to their disability or health condition;
- Are in receipt of an award of Disability Living Allowance that is due to end or be renewed after the launch of Adult Disability Payment; or
- Have asked to have their award moved to Adult Disability Payment
If you wish to attend any of these information events, please book your place on our website.