We only keep posts for two months on our bulletin and the information below may not be accurate now.
Macmillan Cancer Support
Macmillan Buddy Volunteer
People living with cancer tell us they need emotional support to feel less isolated and lonely and sometimes need some help with practical tasks that they are temporarily having trouble with. By choosing to join us as a Buddy volunteer, you’ll be doing something amazing for people in these extraordinary times, so they can continue to feel connected to the world outside. Together, we can be right there for people with cancer. There are two types of buddy volunteers, further details can be found in the role description.
Apply before: Monday 25 April 2022
You need to be 18 years old or over to apply for this opportunity.
What we’re looking for
- Good listener and clear communicator
- Patient, flexible and reliable
- Ability to demonstrate empathy and understanding whilst maintaining boundaries
- Good IT skills in order to access required systems and resources
- Understand the need to maintain confidentiality
What you can gain from this opportunity
- Meet new people as part of a friendly team that makes a difference
- Use and develop your communication and people skills
- Have a rewarding experience making a difference to people living with cancer
- Receive an induction, training, and support you need to carry out your role