Angus Third Sector Adult Services Forum
The Angus Third Sector Adult Services Forum (ASF) aims to improve the effectiveness and maximise the contribution of Angus’s third sector adult services to the planning and delivery of services and activities for people (18+) living in Angus.
The forum seeks to encourage and enable communication, participation and co-operation between third sector organisations and partners. The forum intends to identify policy gaps, promote good practice and raise the profile of relevant issues from a third sector perspective to proactively inform and contribute to policy development and service provision, both locally and nationally.
The operation of the forum is underpinned by some key principles:
- Openness and inclusivity
- Peer support
- Forum representatives who are truly representative of the sector
- Effective and efficient communication
- All organisations in the third sector have an equal voice within the forum
- Work collaboratively and not competitively
The forum is open to any voluntary, community and non-profit making organisations working in Angus, supporting the adult population, and wishing to promote the aims of the forum.
No fees are required to join the forum.
Members benefit from:
- 6 weekly meetings to share information, Wednesdays, 9:30am – 11am
- Information on wider opportunities to influence the shape of and collaborate to deliver adult services’ work
- Opportunities to work in partnership with other statutory and third sector colleagues.
- Policy, training and funding updates
- Feedback from a range of partnership meetings