Well Bean Cafés
St Johns Church Hall Green Street Forfar
Montrose South Church Hall 100 Castle Street Montrose
Locality: Montrose and Forfar
Long Business Description
Community cafés offering safe, alcohol and drug free venues to meet and socialise. Health, wellbeing and recovery are promoted and there is access to self-help resources and professionals from local services. Volunteering opportunities are available for people in recovery who are keen to provide peer support to others and learn new skills.
Website Address – https://www.angus.gov.uk/social_care_and_health/protect_someone_from_harm/angus_alcohol_and_drug_partnership/find_help_and?item_id=893
Facebook – Well Bean Café
Phone Number – 01307 476492/07920 8305
Forfar Stroke Club welcome you to join them for a fly cup and activities that aid recovery. People with chest and heart conditions also welcome. Tuesday 10am-12noon at Forfar Fire Station, Strang Street, Forfar, DD8 2HR. For more information contact Davina on 01575575489 and Linda on 01307463848.
Gowanlea 12 – 14 Seaton Rd
Angus Integrated Drug and Alcohol Recovery Service
AIDARS covers the whole of Angus through two locality based teams. The North Locality Team covers: Brechin, Montrose, Forfar and Kirriemuir. The South Locality Team covers Arbroath, Carnoustie and Monifeith.
AIDARS offers the following support services:
· Motivational Enhancement Therapy
· In patient and community detox for alcohol and opiates and Opiate Replacement Therapy
· Recovery care planning and self directed support
· Overdose awareness (including Naloxone dispensing), harm reduction and BBV Testing
· Relapse prevention in groups and one to one, supported by medication if required
· Psychological interventions.
AIDARS aims to:
· Respond to referrals requesting drug and alcohol assessments within one week
· Provide an assessment appointment for Opiate Replacement Therapy within three weeks of referral
· Commence non ORT treatments and support for individuals using drugs and alcohol within three weeks of referral
· Enable individual s to access treatment quickly and support them to remain in treatment until they achieve their treatment goals
· To reduce drugs deaths in Angus by providing Overdose Prevention and Intervention training to service users and their families.
· Work with our partners in the third sector to provide a seamless service across the Recovery Oriented System of Care in Angus.