“Free mutual support meetings where through open and confidential discussion we help ourselves and each other recover from any kind of addictive behaviour”
Meetings at Forfar Community Church, Wellbraehead, Forfar, DD8 3AY on Mondays from 5pm – 6pm
Drop in Cafe also runs before this meeting, same location on Mondays from 4pm-5pm
For more info contact Angus Alcohol and Drug Partnership (Angus ADP) on –
Gowanlea 12 – 14 Seaton Rd
Angus Integrated Drug and Alcohol Recovery Service
AIDARS covers the whole of Angus through two locality based teams. The North Locality Team covers: Brechin, Montrose, Forfar and Kirriemuir. The South Locality Team covers Arbroath, Carnoustie and Monifeith.
AIDARS offers the following support services:
· Motivational Enhancement Therapy
· In patient and community detox for alcohol and opiates and Opiate Replacement Therapy
· Recovery care planning and self directed support
· Overdose awareness (including Naloxone dispensing), harm reduction and BBV Testing
· Relapse prevention in groups and one to one, supported by medication if required
· Psychological interventions.
AIDARS aims to:
· Respond to referrals requesting drug and alcohol assessments within one week
· Provide an assessment appointment for Opiate Replacement Therapy within three weeks of referral
· Commence non ORT treatments and support for individuals using drugs and alcohol within three weeks of referral
· Enable individual s to access treatment quickly and support them to remain in treatment until they achieve their treatment goals
· To reduce drugs deaths in Angus by providing Overdose Prevention and Intervention training to service users and their families.
· Work with our partners in the third sector to provide a seamless service across the Recovery Oriented System of Care in Angus.