Well Bean Cafés
St Johns Church Hall Green Street Forfar
Montrose South Church Hall 100 Castle Street Montrose
Locality: Montrose and Forfar
Long Business Description
Community cafés offering safe, alcohol and drug free venues to meet and socialise. Health, wellbeing and recovery are promoted and there is access to self-help resources and professionals from local services. Volunteering opportunities are available for people in recovery who are keen to provide peer support to others and learn new skills.
Website Address – https://www.angus.gov.uk/social_care_and_health/protect_someone_from_harm/angus_alcohol_and_drug_partnership/find_help_and?item_id=893
Facebook – Well Bean Café
Phone Number – 01307 476492/07920 8305
“Free mutual support meetings where through open and confidential discussion we help ourselves and each other recover from any kind of addictive behaviour”
Meetings at Forfar Community Church, Wellbraehead, Forfar, DD8 3AY on Mondays from 5pm – 6pm
Drop in Cafe also runs before this meeting, same location on Mondays from 4pm-5pm
For more info contact Angus Alcohol and Drug Partnership (Angus ADP) on –
Gowanlea 12 – 14 Seaton Rd
Angus Integrated Drug and Alcohol Recovery Service
AIDARS covers the whole of Angus through two locality based teams. The North Locality Team covers: Brechin, Montrose, Forfar and Kirriemuir. The South Locality Team covers Arbroath, Carnoustie and Monifeith.
AIDARS offers the following support services:
· Motivational Enhancement Therapy
· In patient and community detox for alcohol and opiates and Opiate Replacement Therapy
· Recovery care planning and self directed support
· Overdose awareness (including Naloxone dispensing), harm reduction and BBV Testing
· Relapse prevention in groups and one to one, supported by medication if required
· Psychological interventions.
AIDARS aims to:
· Respond to referrals requesting drug and alcohol assessments within one week
· Provide an assessment appointment for Opiate Replacement Therapy within three weeks of referral
· Commence non ORT treatments and support for individuals using drugs and alcohol within three weeks of referral
· Enable individual s to access treatment quickly and support them to remain in treatment until they achieve their treatment goals
· To reduce drugs deaths in Angus by providing Overdose Prevention and Intervention training to service users and their families.
· Work with our partners in the third sector to provide a seamless service across the Recovery Oriented System of Care in Angus.
TCA is a well-established charity delivering evidence informed, individualised, proportionate and whole family based interventions to adults, young people, children and families across Tayside, whose lives are adversely affected by substance misuse or offending issues. Our overarching aim is “To enable communities in Tayside and those living within them to overcome their difficulties with alcohol and lead healthy, productive lives”. To ensure our services target the areas of most need we work in partnership with service users, families and local communities, and are actively involved in multiagency partnerships, contributing to strategic planning processes in 3 unitary local authorities within Tayside: Angus, Dundee and Perth & Kinross.