Angus Voice is preparing for a Celebration of Creativity as part of the Scottish Mental Health Arts Festival in May 2019. The initial venue for the exhibition is the Hub @ Friockheim from May 5th to May 8th. After that the exhibition will be moved to one or more venues across Angus.
There is an open call for work to be submitted, as shown in the details below. If you would like posters and postcards to display, or if you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact Sheila at Angus Voice by email to email@example.com or call/text 07760 753293. To keep up to date with news about Angus Creative Minds, please follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/angusvoice and www.facebook.com/anguscreativeminds.
You are invited to submit up to 3 pieces of your creative work by 31st March 2019 for a Celebration of Creativity.
At least 1 piece of creative work will be exhibited by every person or group participating in a Celebration of Creativity. This will take place at one or more venues in Angus between the 3rdand 26th May 2019 as part of the Scottish Mental Health Arts Festival.
Creative work can include painting, crafts (for example knitting, crochet, embroidery, tapestry, decoupage, weaving), sculpture, film, photography, creative writing, performance art, music, ceramics among other things.
Instructions for submitting your creative work:
- Please send a photo of your work along with the physical dimensions to Sheila@communityenterprise.co.uk, or by text /MMS to 07760 753293.
- Please give details of which format the creative work/media is in.
- Please include with the email/text/MMS the title of your work, and your name.
- If submitting digital photos for display, please use WeTransfer (https://wetransfer.com/
) and enter Sheila@communityenterprise.co.uk as the ‘email to’ address.
- OPTIONAL: If you like, send us up to around 100 words including the title of your creative work, and saying something about it, and its link to either lived experience; the themes ofconnected or body image, or anything else.
- Please tell us how you would like to be named alongside your work. For example, Ali from Angus or J from Letham, or something else. Please include something to include all the people involved in your creative work (e.g. group name, or everyone’s name). We also aim to print a booklet to go along with the Celebration of Creativity, so as well as being on display at the exhibition, your involvement will also be recorded in this way.
- If you are able to do so, please drop your work off at Voluntary Action Angus, 1 – 3 St James Road, Forfar DD8 2AQ during March 2019. (If a large piece of work, please phone ahead and ensure someone is in the building.) Otherwise, please indicate your most convenient town (or large village) in Angus for submitting your work during March 2019.
- Please indicate if you would be willing for your work to be used at other potential Angus Creative Minds exhibitions during the period up to 31st March 2020.
- Our aim is not to have any barriers to participation, so we have not included size limits, or requirements for work to be mounted and/or framed in a certain way. If we are able to do so, work will be mounted and framed.